Terms of Usage
1. Introduction and Acceptance
2. Intellectual Property
3. Access and Use
1. remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on novelhall.com or Website tent;
2. circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of our Websites including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any tent or enforce limitations on the use of our Websites or Website tent;
3. use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” our Websites or Website tent for any purpose without the express written permission of Novelhall.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing, novelhall.com grants public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Website tent from our Websites for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Website tent that is available to the public. novelhall.com reserves the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
4. collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from our Websites including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
5. solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
6. attempt to or interfere with the proper working of our Websites or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
7. decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of any our Websites;
8. use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from any of our Websites;
9. encourage duct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person’s Membership (as defined in Section B) without permission, etc.);
10. engage in any duct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Websites.
4. User Registration
1. In order to access or use some features of novelhall.com, you will have to become a registered user. If you are under the age of eighteen, then you are not permitted to register as a user or otherwise submit personal information to Novelhall.com.
2. If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you will create a user name and password (a “Membership”), which may permit you access to certain areas of our Websites not available to non-registered users. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to notify us immediately at https://www.novelhall.com any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
5. User Content
1. We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on our Websites (collectively, “submit”) messages, templates, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”).
2. You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
3. You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
A. violates or infringes in any way upon the rightsof others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent,trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary rightof any person or entity;
B. impersonates another or is unlawful,threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
C.encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
D. is an advertisement for goods or services or asolicitation of funds;
E.includes personal information such as messageswhich identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers,addresses, or employer references;
F. contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
G.is a chain letter of any kind.
Moreover, any conduct by a user that in oursole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying ourWebsites will not be permitted.
5. By submitting User Content, you also grant us the right, but not the obligation to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name and geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your User Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the User Content.
6. We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
7. We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We have the right in our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any User Content.
8. If you sign a separate agreement with us regarding User Content and its disposition, the terms in that agreement shall override the terms included here.
6. Website Content & Third Party Links
1. We provide our Websites and Website Content for entertainment purposes. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on any of our Websites for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Website Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Website Content.
2. In many instances, Website Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgements of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on our Websites by anyone other than authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
3. If there is a dispute between persons accessing our Websites or between persons accessing our Websites and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved. If there is such a dispute, you hereby release novelhall.com and its officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with such dispute.
4. Our Websites may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF OURWEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR WEBSITES AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ONAN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANYKIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THEFULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, novelhall.com AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS,EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS,AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALLWARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITES WILL MEET YOURREQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY,USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THE novelhall.com; (3)WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR APARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH ORADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITES OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY OF OUR WEBSITES; (5)WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BEOBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITES; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THEWEBSITES WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN THESOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
9. Limitation on Liability
3. In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. If you become a registered user, you may terminate your Membership at any time by going to Membership page and selecting the appropriate option.
11. Copyright Policy
1. novelhall.com respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, novelhall.com may terminate and/or disable the Membership of users who it suspects to be infringers of the copyrights (or other intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in its sole discretion, novelhall.com may remove or disable access to material on any of its websites or hosted on its systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
2. If you are a copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner) and believe that your work’s copyright has been infringed, please report your notice of infringement to us by providing us with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
A.A physical or electronic signature of a personauthorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that isallegedly infringed.
B.Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single onlinesite are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such worksat that site.
C.Identification of the material that is claimedto be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to beremoved or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonablysufficient to permit us to locate the material.
D.Information reasonably sufficient to permit usto contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, anelectronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
E.A statement that you have a good faith beliefthat use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by thecopyright owner, its agent, or the law.
F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate,and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of theowner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will investigate notices of copyrightinfringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do notfollow this procedure may not receive a response.
12. Choice of Law
13. Dispute Resolution
In the Dispute Resolution Section only,“we” and “us” are used to refer to you and novelhall.comtogether.
B.If either of us wants to arbitrate a dispute, weagree to send written notice to the other providing a description of thedispute, previous efforts to resolve the dispute, all supportingdocuments/information, and the proposed resolution. We will send notice to you based on the contact information you have provided us, and we agree to makeattempts to resolve the dispute. If we cannot resolve the dispute withinforty-five (45) days of receipt of the notice to arbitrate, then we may submitthe dispute to formal arbitration.
D.We each agree not to pursue arbitration on aclasswide basis. We each agree that any arbitration will be solely between youand us (not brought on behalf of or together with another individual’s claim).If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction isunconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn’t applyand the dispute must be brought in court.
E. We each are responsible for our respective costs relating tocounsel, experts, and witnesses, as well as any other costs relating to the arbitration.
3. No Class Actions
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVEANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN ACLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN AREPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OROTHER PROCEEDING.
15. No Trial By Jury
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVEANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
16. Amendment; Additional Terms
What personal information do we collectfrom the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site,as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailingaddress, credit card information or other details to help you with yourexperience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when youregister on our site, place an order or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect fromyou when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond toa survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain othersite features in the following ways:
To quickly process your transactions.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis forsecurity holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to oursite as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is containedbehind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons whohave special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep theinformation confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information yousupply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measureswhen a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personalinformation.
All transactions are processed through agateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Understand and save user’s preferences forfuture visits.
You can choose to have your computer warnyou each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off allcookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings.Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu tolearn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some featureswill be disabled. It won’t affect the users experience that make your siteexperience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.However, you can still place orders .
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we mayinclude or offer third party products or services on our website. These thirdparty sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore haveno responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linkedsites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcomeany feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can besummed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to providea positive experience for users.https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on ourwebsite.
We have implemented the following:
Remarketing with Google AdSense
Google Display Network Impression Reporting
Demographics and Interests Reporting
DoubleClick Platform Integration
We along with third-party vendors, such asGoogle use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) andthird-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-partyidentifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Googleadvertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can optout by visiting theNetwork Advertising initiative opt out pageor permanentlyusing the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to thefollowing:
Users can visit our site anonymously
Users will be notified of any privacypolicy changes:
Users are able to change their personalinformation:
By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not tracksignals?
We honor do not track signals and do nottrack, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browsermechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third partybehavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do notallow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online PrivacyProtection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personalinformation from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy ProtectionAct (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’sconsumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out whatoperators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacyand safety online.
We do not specifically market to childrenunder 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principlesform the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts theyinclude have played a significant role in the development of data protectionlaws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principlesand how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the variousprivacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with FairInformation Practices we will take the following responsive action, should adata breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in sitenotification
Within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redressprinciple, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legallyenforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere tothe law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceablerights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts ora government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by dataprocessors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets therules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages,gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, andspells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agreeto the following:
If at any time you would like tounsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can and we will promptly removeyou from ALL correspondence.